We gladly invite you to the workshop of Animalab focused on minor surgeries in laboratory rodents. The workshop will be hold on Thursday, March 24, 2022 from 14:00 to 16:00 at IMTM. The spoken language will be Czech and English.
Main topics of the workshop
- Animal sleep - the difference between the use of inhalation anesthesia and injection forms, high-flow and low-flow approaches
- Monitoring of the animal during anesthesia
- Blood pressure measurement - non-invasive, invasive, telemetry, blood flow measurement
- Supplements and special anesthesiological approaches, surgery on small laboratory animals
The course of the workshop
- Presentation on given topics with emphasis on overlap to practical use (in English, MVDr. Mark Hedberg)
- presentation of individual parts of anesthetic systems, devices for measuring blood pressure, and monitoring the physiological parameters of sleeping animals, the opportunity to touch them and test the operation "live"
- debate on the use of anesthesia in laboratory work and on practical experience (in Czech / Slovak, primarily among audience researchers, moderated)
The output of the workshop will be a certificate of its completion in lifelong education. A demonstration of some lab devices and smaller refreshments will prepared for the participants.